Yamaha HS7W White Version 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor
Yamaha HS7W White Version 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor, White Cabinet, White Colored Woofer
Yamaha HS7W has a features and newly developed transducers that achieve outstanding smooth response over a wide range of bandwith. The transducers of Yamaha HS7W utilize an advanced magnetic field design that regulates the flow f magnetic response to provide seamless, natural sonic transitions. The components of Yamaha HS7W materials and design were carefully re-examined, then optimized, to drastically improve the accuracy of signal reproduction throughout the audio spectrum.
The Cabinet of the Yamaha HS7W is designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and to add accuracy of sound reproduction to their extreme limit. The enclosures of Yamaha HS7W are constructed from a very dense and resilient MDF with a damped acoustic response that is perfectly suited for reference monitors. Also the Yamaha HS7W engineer also employed a traditional three-way mitered-joint technique. Common to architectural design this firmly anchors the corners of the enclosure to dramatically improve durability and eliminate unwanted resonance that can influence overall sound.
The Yamaha HS7W speaker employ an amplifier unit perfectly matched to the transducers utilized. Yamaha HS7W featuring a bi-amp design with a separate dedicated amp for both the woofer and the tweeter, this Yamaha HS7W ensures consistently delivers high-resolution sound with exceptionally flat response across the sound spectrum.
Yamaha HS7 White Product Highlights
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 6.5" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- High Performance Amp Unit
- Low Resonance Enclosure Design
- Cutting Edge Noise Reduction Technology
- High frequency response
- 95W power amplification
- Room Control and High Trim response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK
Ever since the 1970's the iconic white woofer and signature sound of Yamaha's nearfield reference monitors have become a genuine industry standard for a reason - their accuracy. Unlike studio monitors with added bass or treble frequencies which may sound more flattering at first, HS Series speakers were designed to give you the most honest, precise reference possible, providing an ideal sonic platform to build on throughout the mixing process. By combining acquired knowledge and expertise with state-of-the-art sound technologies, Yamaha's speaker engineering team have examined, then optimized, every aspect that has contributed to making these monitors the most trusted in the business. The second generation HS Series also adds a new 6.5" model to the lineup, bringing its exceptional accuracy to an even greater variety of recording environments.
- Speaker type - 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency range (-10dB) - 43Hz - 30kHz
- Components LF - 6.5" cone
- Components HF - 1" dome
- Crossover - 2kHz
- Output power - 95W (LF:60W, HF:35W)
- I/O connectors - XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Power consumption - 55W
- Shape - Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material - MDF
- Dimensions W - 210mm (8.3")
- Dimensions H - 332mm (13.1")
- Dimensions D - 284mm (11.2")
- Net weight - 8.2kg (18.1 lbs.)
- Others - LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)