Yamaha DuGAN-MY16 16 channel Dugan Auto Mixing Card
Yamaha DuGAN-MY16 16 channel Dugan Auto Mixing Card for Yamaha Digital Mixers
The Yamaha Dugan-MY16 is an Automatic Mixing Card for Yamaha digital mixers that using the advanced technology from Dan Dugan Sound Design. Some of the multiple microphone inputs need to be mixed without a script or pre-planned gain changes, the best thing in Yamaha Dugan-MY16 can automatically optimize gain distribution over multiple faders so that the engineer is free to concentrate on the quality of the mix, rather than chained to the faders. It’s approximately like having a talented assistant engineer that keeping track of fader levels, lightening the overall workload and maximizing the efficiency.
If you insert the Dugan processor into the appropriate input channels of the mixer (post-fader insert recommended) setup is accomplished and raising the corresponding channel faders.
Using the Dugan Control Panel Software is a JAVA application that runs on Windows and Mac computers that provide the remote control and level monitoring for the Yamaha Dugan-MY16.
To control gain, the Yamaha Dugan-MY16 uses the innovative Dugan Speech System., distributing microphone gain across the entire system in order to retain the natural ambience of single microphone. This astonishing system achieves automatic mixing without distracting level changes, inconsistent ambience, or other problems associated with automatic mixing using no noise gates. The illustrations below shows the input and gain levels for three microphone inputs.
Yamaha Dugan-MY16 Product Design
- 24bit resolution, 16-in/16-out automatic mixing (8-in/8-out at 96 kHz).
- 2x Optical connectors, 1x RJ-45 connector
- Up to 8 cards can be used simultaneously to handle up to 128 channels at 48 kHz, or 64 channels at 96 kHz
- Automatic detection of active mics with automatic control of individual channel and overall gain
- No speech cutoff due to late fader activation, for smooth, uninterrupted sound
- Effective background noise and feedback suppression without the need for noise-gate type threshold level settings
- Easy setup: simply insert on the appropriate mixer input channels and raise the faders
- Channels can be grouped to make up to three independent automatic mixers
- Dugan Control Panel software application provides remote control and level monitoring capability
- Can also function as an 8-channel auto-mixer + 8-channel ADAT interface
Dan Dugan Design
Dan Dugan Sound Design specializes in automatic mixing technology, with automatic mixer inventor Mr. Dan Dugan at the helm. Initially licensed by the Altec company for their automatic mixers, the unique algorithm of the Dugan Speech System™ is now being made available inhigh-performance automatic mixing systems under the Dan Dugan Sound Design brand. Dan Dugan products have become standards in broadcast studios, conferences, and houses of worship in the United States, prized for their outstanding performance and reliability.
Professional Automation for Multi-microphone Mixing
The Dugan-MY16 is an automatic mixing card for Yamaha digital mixers that employs advanced technology from Dan Dugan Sound Design. When multiple microphone inputs need to be mixed without a script or pre-planned gain changes, the Dugan-MY16 can automatically optimize gain distribution over multiple faders so that the engineer is free to concentrate on the quality of the mix, rather than being chained to the faders. It’s almost like having a talented assistant engineer keeping track of fader levels, lightening the overall workload and maximizing efficiency.
Operating Modes - Standard: 16 channels of Dugan mixing at 44.1 or 48kHz, ADAT connectors link multiple Dugan units
High-rate: 8 channels of Dugan mixing at 88.2 or 96kHz sample rate, ADAT connectors link multiple Dugan units Shared: 8 channels of Dugan mixing and 8 channels of general purpose ADAT I/O
- Digital I/O - ADAT optical, 24 bit, 44.2/48kHz (Shared mode only)
- Gain - Unity
- Audio Latency - 0.2ms
- Optical Linking - Up to 8 units may be linked in a ring; links with Models D-2, D-3 , E, E-1 and Dugan-MY16
- Connectors - 10/100 BASE T: RJ-45 / Linking and Digital I/O: ADAT optical
- Recommended Yamaha Mixers - CL5/3/1, PM5D/-RH, DSP5D, M7CL-48ES/-48/-32, LS9-32/-16, DM2000, DM1000, 02R96, 01V96/96i, DME64N/24N, MTX5-D
Dimensions - H=4.0cm (1.57”)
Weight - 160g (5.6oz)
0.6kg (1lb 5oz) in shipping box