ALLEN HEATH ZED420 4-Bus Mixer. 16 Mic/Line ANALOG MIXER
Vendor: Allen & Heath
ALLEN HEATH ZED420 is a fabulous companion and excellent in theaters, AV applications, houses of worship or bands. It has a distinctive attribute that is truly professional set, which will work perfectly with any sound reinforcement application and professional PA hire stock. For a comfortable and easy capture of stereo recordings ALLEN HEATH ZED420 is equipped with configurable USB audio in/out, also it has 4-band EQ with MusiQ, 16 mic or line inputs plus 2 dual stereo inputs, 4 sub-groups, 6 auxiliary sends and a 7x2 matrix.
USB AUDIO FLEXIBILITY
Getting audio from and to a computer has never been to easy, as in live sound and music production it is very common nowadays. ALLEN HEATH ZED420 is crafted with the implementation of getting audio to and from computer, are now super-easy and it is super-flexible too! The old ways are no longer, as in this ALLEN HEATH ZED420 you don’t need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to he soundcard inputs, just only to find the levels are all wrong and noisy. Now, just plug in a USB lead to your ALLEN HEATH ZED420, and on your computer just select the USB routing on the mixer and the device and that’s all it takes! Capable also of CD quality audio from and to your PC or Mac. Switches and connection through jack socket terminals provide different send/return configurations.
1) Main Mix Left + Right (Post-fade)
2) Main Mix Left + Right (Pre-Fade)
3) Auxes 1-2
4) Auxes 5-6
5) Matrix 1-2.
1) To Playback input
2) To Stereo 3 channel
ZED-420 has a tuned 4-band EQ taken from the acclaimed GL2200 mixer, utilising MusiQ – with optimised slope (or Q factor) for equalising individual instruments.
ALLEN HEATH ZED420 is crafted with DuoPre pre-amps, based on the proven and tested pre-amps from the hugely and known successful PA series, which use a two-stage design, wherein the amount of gain in each stage can be carefully controlled. It has a better control of signal level, during amplifying signal from the XLR input, the gain range is huge – 69dB of range to be exact – and around the gain control can be very evenly distributed. Unwanted noise can be kept to minimum because most of the gain comes from the first stage. It also possible to have a great advantage of less noise when using the line input and also matching to a higher input impedance, the reasons is the line level signals are simply plugged into the second stage of the pre-amp by using the line input jack socket.
- 16 mono channels
- 2 dual stereo inputs with 4-band EQ
- Neutrik mic XLR
- Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks
- Channel insert
- Super wide gain ‘DuoPre’ mic line input
- 4-band EQ with 2 swept mids and in/out switch
- Illuminated mute
- Sound image pan
- Illuminated PFL & peak warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- 6 auxiliary sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post)
- 4 sub groups fed from each channel
- All inputs with level control
- 12 bar meters
- L, R and M main mix outputs
- 2 matrix sections available; can send output to USB
- Individual channel 48V phantom power
- Direct output on every mono channel
- Peak and signal indication on every channel
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Master level controls on all outputs
- Easy to use layout – all connections and controls on top surface
- Weight: 31 lbs.