Neumann M 147-TUBE-SET-US Cardioid tube mic with K 47 capsule
Neumann M 147-TUBE-SET-US Cardioid tube mic with K 47 capsule, includes N 149 A, SG 1, KT 8 and case
The Neumann M 147-TUBE-SET-US tube sound that comes along with a cardioid directional characteristic and a classic design. The double diaphragm capsule is built based from its legendary predecessors, the U 47 and M 49.
The M 147 Tube is a vacuum tube condenser microphone that is professionally designed with cardioid characteristic. At the very center of this microphone is the K 47 dual diaphragm capsule, which is built according to its model's now legendary predecessors, the U 47 and the M 49.
Following the capsule comes a tube that is capable to function as an impedance converter. The next stage is made as an efficient, transformerless output circuit, that is built to guarantee an extremely low self-noise level.
Note: This innovative combination of current tube technology along with the most advanced solid-state circuitry was decisive in awarding the 1997 TEC Award to the related M 149 Tube mic.
The M 147 Tube is designed capable to feed extremely long microphone cables that are not affecting the quality of the audio signal. Like all Neumann tube microphones, the M 147 Tube is made with an elegant satin nickel finish.
The microphone is delivered as a complete set in a high-quality aluminum case. Included with the microphone are a microphone cable, a metal swivel mount for a mic stand, and a compact universal power supply for standard mains sockets. Our modern manufacturing methods makes it possible to offer this complete set at a very attractive price.
The famous capsule, together with complimenting tube characteristics, makes the M147 Tube especially well suited as a vocal microphone. In addition, it is a superb spot mic for all types of musical instruments. The extremely low self-noise of its tube circuitry makes the mic perfectly suited for use in modern recording chains, analog and digital.
- M147 Tube Microphone
- N149A Power Supply incl. Power Cable
- SG2 Swivel Mount
- KT8 Microphone Cable
- Dust Cover
- Aluminum Case
- No-compromise large-diaphragm condenser mic
- Famous Neumann K 47 capsule with single polar pattern (cardioid)
- Ideal for vocals and acoustic instruments
- Signal/Noise ratio 82 dB (DIN/IEC 651)
- Frequency response 20Hz - 20kHz
- M 149 tube impedance converter
- Transformerless output for low self noise and high dynamic range
- High quality aluminum case, mic cable and compact universal power supply included
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kΩ: 20 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50Ω
- Rated load impedance:1 kΩ
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR*: 24dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted*: 12dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR* (rel. 94dB SPL): 70dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted* (rel. 94dB SPL): 82dB
- Typical SPL (tube characteristic): 114dB for THD < 0.5%, 134dB for THD < 5%
- Maximum output voltage: 8dBu
- Dynamic range of the microphone amplifier (A-weighted): 102dB for THD < 0.5%, 122dB for THD < 5%
- Powering: Power supply N149A
- Matching connector: Micrphone: 8-pin DIN female, Power Supply: 3-pin XLR-F
- Weight: 460g
- Diameter: 57mm
- Length: 142mm