QSC PLX1802 Dual channel amplifier with PowerLight technology
QSC PLX1802 Dual channel amplifier with PowerLight technology, lightweight (21 lbs / 9.5 kg), user configurable signal processing, 330 watts/ch at 8Ω, 575 watts/ch at 4Ω, 900 watts/ch at 2Ω
QSC PLX1802 is designed as a premium quality, highpower amplifiers and ideal for the most demanding live sound applications and performance, it is providing 575 W/channel into 4 ohms and 900 W/channel into 2 ohms with a lightweight PowerLight power supply. It is equip with the power output up to 3600 watts. Designed professionally to be capable of providing ample clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
The PLX2 Series amplifiers have the rugged but refined good looks of professional high power and power tools machinery. A cast-aluminum, solid from panels is adding style to any rack while also acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for years of on-the-road reliability.
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lb/9 kg) with a highly efficient and lighter weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 100 or 120 energy pulses per second, the PowerLight supply delivers 190,000 to 230,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier’s output section. The power supply doesn’t “sag” so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
The PLX2 Series now includes two approaches to meet a wider range of needs and budgets. The fully featured “02” models (1802, 2502, 3102, 3602) drive 2 ohm loads and add subwoofer processing and convenient rear-panel signal processing control switches to the original, still unmatched PLX platform. In addition, the compact “04” models (1104, 1804) have been added to bring the same performance and technology, plus even greater value, to applications that don’t require bridged or 2 ohm operation.
- Very light weight ("02" models, 21 lb / 9.5 kg, "04" models 13 lb / 5.9 kg).
- Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged.
- Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting. 02 models also feature bridge and parallel mode LED indicators.
- Two Speakon® NL4 output connectors provide positive-locking speaker connections. Upper connector provides both channel outputs on all four poles (Channel 1: 1+, 1-; channel 2: 2+, 2-) for bridged mono or for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers.
- 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment.
- Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation.
- Patented PowerLight power supply technology with other patents pending.
|Rated Power per Channel, Stereo Mode (both channels driven)*|
|8Ω FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.05% THD||320 W|
|8Ω EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD||330 W|
|4Ω FTC 20 Hz–20 kHz 0.05% THD||525 W|
|4Ω EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD||575 W|
|2Ω EIA 1 kHz 1% THD||900 W|
|Rated Power, Bridge-Mono Mode*|
|8Ω20 Hz–20 kHz 0.1% THD||1100 W|
|8Ω EIA 1 kHz 0.1% THD||1200 W|
|4Ω EIA 1 kHz 1% THD||1800 W|
|Signal to Noise (20 Hz–20 kHz)||-107 dB|
|Input Sensitivity at 8Ω||1.28 V rms|
|Maximum Voltage Gain||32 dB|
|Output Circuitry||Class AB|
|Power Requirements(1/8 power, pink noise at 4Ω)||8.7 A /120V|
|Distortion (SMPTE-IM)||< 0.02%|
|1/8 rated power, 20 Hz–20 kHz||< 0.02%|
|Full rated power, 20 Hz–20 kHz||< 0.02%|
|Damping Factor (8Ω)||> 500|
|Input Impedance||10 kΩ unbalanced / 20 kΩ balanced|
|Input Clipping||11 V rms (+21 dBu)|
|Cooling||Variable-speed fan, rear-to-front air flow|
|Input Connectors, each channel||3-pin XLR and 1/4-inch TRS balanced, parallel|
|Output Connectors, each channel||Two Neutrik NL4 Speakon® and four touch-proof binding posts
Both channels available on upper NL4 connector
|Amplifier Protection||Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal, infrasonic, ultrasonic, and RF protection.
Stable into reactive or mismatched loads
|Load Protection||On/off muting, DC-fault power supply shutdown|
3.5-inch (8.9 cm); 2 RU
19-inch (48.3 cm)
—Rack mounting surface to rear
|12.8-inch (32.6 cm)
14.875-inch (37.9 cm)
|Weight—Shipping / Net||26 lb (11.8 kg) / 21 lb (9.5 kg)|
|Agency Approvals||CE, FCC, cUL, UL|