Yamaha SWP1-16MMF Dante Ready L2 Gigabit Network Switch 12 x Ethercon, 1 x MMF
Yamaha Dante Ready L2 Gigabit Network Switch 12 x Ethercon, 1 x MMF
The Yamaha SWP1-16MMF L2 Switch is designed specifically for sound installation and for live sound networking, Yamaha SWP1-16MMF has a feature of simple DIP switch Dante optimization and comprehensive graphical interfacing via a Windows application. This network switch is equipped with 12 etherCON ports, four RJ45 ports, one opticalCON port, and one option slot.
Anyone can accomplished the complex switch setup even if you are not an IT technician because of the simple switch setting of the Yamaha SWP1-16MMF can now optimize for Dante operation, and dedicated Windows application create “network visibility” for comprehensive monitoring and control. The Yamaha gigabit L2 switch that could be linked to Yamaha routers/firewalls were introduced in 2011, with features that significantly decreased the network setup, maintenance, and management workload.
The Yamaha SWP1-16MMF L2 Switch Product Highlights
- etherCON Connectors: 4 front / 8 rear.
- RJ45 Connectors: 4 rear
- opticalCON Connector: 1 front
- Optional optical module slot: 1 front
- Dante optimized setups recallable via one DIP switch
- EXT DC INPUT for power supply redundancy
- Optical Fiber and Network Redundancy Support (option required for redundancy)
- etherCON Connectors for Live Sound Reliability
- The Yamaha LAN Monitor application for Windows computers provides a comprehensive single-screen view of all necessary parameters
- Three VLAN presets can be simply selected via a DIP switch (a USER mode allows fully customized VLAN setup)
3 Preset Vlan Types
A truly efficient network should be able to handle multiple services simultaneously: Dante communication, StageMix, and other smart device functions, computer software that allows digital mixer or power amplifier control, and perhaps more. But the more communication you combine on one network, the greater the chance for interference and problems. The use of virtual VLAN domains to isolate the various types of data is the ideal solution, but this type of setup also requires some IT expertise. The SWP1 series includes three VLAN presets that can be simply selected via a DIP switch. There’s also a USER mode that allows fully customized VLAN setup.
Effective Dante network management hinges on a range of parameters such as network traffic, switch status, and individual Dante device information. The dedicated Yamaha LAN Monitor application for Windows computers provides a comprehensive single-screen view of all necessary parameters when used with SWP1 series switches. We refer to this type of graphical overview as “network visibility.” You can even take a snapshot of the normal network status and set an alarm to warn you if any of the parameters changes, so that problems can be identified and resolved quickly and easily. The Dante Controller application can also be launched from the Yamaha LAN Monitor with a single click, providing a total Dante network solution on a single computer.
Yamaha Switches with Dante Optimization and Network Visibility
Complex network switch setup that was previously better left to an IT technician can now be easily accomplished by anyone. A simple switch setting is all it takes to optimize SWP1 series network switches for Dante operation, and a dedicated Windows application provides “network visibility” for comprehensive monitoring and control.
Yamaha first entered the network device business in 1995, and has grown to hold a significant share of Japan’s small to medium enterprise and SOHO network market. Yamaha gigabit L2 switches that could be linked to Yamaha routers/firewalls were introduced in 2011, with features that significantly reduced the network setup, maintenance, and management workload.
20 years later audio networking has become one of the fastest growing, most highly valued technologies in the live sound and pro audio fields. An expanding range of Dante capable Yamaha products, including the highly regarded CL series digital mixing consoles, continues to lead the way. SWP1 series network switches are a solution the pro audio market has been waiting for, offering an ideal balance of IT and pro audio know-how that only Yamaha can provide.
The SWP1 series makes audio network setup, monitoring, and operation easier and more convenient than ever before.
- Number of LAN ports (1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T, etherCON connector) - 12
- Number of LAN ports (1000BASE-T/100BASE-TX/10BASE-T, RJ-45 connector) - 4
- Number of SFP ports (1000BASE-SX, opticalCON connector) - 2 (1 optical module is installed as standard)
- Console port - 1 (RJ-45)
- Automatic negotiation - Available
- Auto MDI/MDI-X - Available
- Switching capacity - 36 Gbit/s
- Throughput - 27 Mpps
- Maximum number of MAC addresses - 16,384
- Frame buffer - 1024 kB
- VLAN - Port VLAN, Tag VLAN (IEEE802.1Q), Private VLAN
- Maximum number of VLANs - 256 (VLAN ID 1–4,094) *VLAN ID 1 is the default VLAN ID.
- IP multicast - IGMP Snooping (v1/v2/v3)
- QoS - 8 egress queues, Policy-based QoS, Remarking (CoS, ToS, DSCP), Scheduling (SP, WRR)
- Flow control - IEEE802.3x (Full-duplex), back pressure (Half-duplex)
- Support functions - Storm control, HOL blocking prevention, Loop detection, ACL, SNMP agents, Link aggregation (IEEE 802.3ad LACP, Static), Spanning tree (STP*, RSTP*, MSTP), Port mirroring, Port shutdown, Link speed down shift, Packet counter, Power saving mode (IEEE802.3az EEE; Disabled in DANTE mode), DHCP client, Logging, Firmware download via TFTP/HTTP, Config file download via TFTP *STP and RSTP are supported via downward compatibility of MSTP.
- DIP switches - CONFIG, VLAN PRESET
- Indicators - Front: POWER, LED MODE×4, PORT×16×2*, SFP×2 *The LED MODE button allows the PORT lamps to be switched between indicating LINK/ACT-SPEED, STATUS, or VLAN.
- Operating temperature - 0 to 40°C
- Storage temperature - –20 to 60°C
- Power supply (AC IN inlet) - AC100V-240V, 50/60Hz, Internal power supply (no power switch), Power supply inlet: locking type
- Power supply (EXT DC INPUT inlet) - External power supply requirements: 24VDC±2V, 1A, XLR-4-32 type Connector
- Maximum power consumption - 16 W, 0.29 A
- Heat dissipation - 14.0 kcal/h
- Chassis - Metal case, no fan
- Hazardous substances management - RoHS compliant
- Dimensions W - 480mm
- Dimensions H - 44mm
- Dimensions D - 362mm
- Weight - 4.6 kg
- Accessories - Power code, Owner's manual
- Options - MMF-SWP1 (Optical expansion unit)