Yamaha DXR8 8 Inch Powered Speaker 1100 Watts
Yamaha DXR8 8 Inch Powered Speaker 1100 Watts Clean Sounding for Mains or Monitors
One of the best DXR Series active loudspeakers of Yamaha that can provides a clear audio and high output levels in a compact and durable design, that best and ideal for live sound applications is the Yamaha DXR8. One of the features of Yamaha DXR8 is it has a cabinet that is rugged ABS construction with a bass-reflex design for enchanced bass performance with reduced turbulence. The 8” woofer and 1.4” compression tweeter of Yamaha DXR8 offer high-resolution audio with a wide frequency response. The crossover uses a FIR-X linear phase filter to optimize driver performance.
The speaker of Yamaha DXR8 has biamplified design that provides a combined peak output power of 1100W for a strong performance with minimal distortion. A-D contour processor allows you to use the speaker as a main/FOH speaker or as a stage monitor. The rear panel of Yamaha DXR8 has XLR, ¼”, and RCA inputs, as well as XLR thru and output connectors for wide compatibility with a variety of professional sound systems and devices.
The best thing in the Yamaha DXR8 is the speaker, you can be placed on a floor stage, but also has useful mounting options. A standard 35mm pole socket allows you to mount the speaker on the top of subwoofer, while M8 fly points allow suspended installation. An optional U-bracket is available separately for wall mounting.
Yamaha DXR8 Product Highlights
- High-powered portable loudspeaker with multi-use flexibility
- 8" speaker, powered by 700W in a 2-way design
- Built-in 3-channel mixer lets you connect microphones or line-level sources directly without an entire PA system
- Built-in DSP for phase optimization and transparent dynamic control
- ABS cabinet is durable with a low-resonance design for maximum sound quality
Louder, Lighter, Legendary
Since its inception, the DXR Series has long signified a confluence of raw power and technological innovation that reliably harnesses and delivers impressively high output with superior quality and clarity. The DXR mkII Series powered loudspeakers are the newly upgraded models of the series that add even more SPL and feature a larger, yet much lighter 1.75” Neodymium HF compression driver for extremely clear voice reproduction and musicality. Once again our team worked in tight collaboration with touring loudspeaker specialists NEXO, adding crucial insight and expertise that led to design improvements based on the ever-evolving demands of sound reinforcement professionals.
Whether for fixed applications or mobile live performances - whatever direction you want to take your sound - the DXR mkII Series is up to the task, combining raw power with our own proprietary advanced DSP functions for all the reliability and outstanding clarity you’ve come to expect from the DXR Series… only MORE.
- Speaker type - 8" 2-way, Bi-amp powered speaker, Bass-reflex type
- Frequency range (-10dB) - 57Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal coverage H - 90°
- Nominal coverage V - 60°
- Components LF - Diameter:8" cone, Voice Coil:2", Magnet:Ferrite
- Components HF - Diaphragm:1.4", Type: 1" throat compression driver, Magnet:Ferrite
- Crossover - FIR-X tuning™ (linear phase FIR filter)
- Output power - Dynamic:1100W (LF: 950W HF: 150W) / Continuous: 700W (LF: 600W HF: 100W)
- Maximum output level (1m; on axis) - 129dB SPL
- I/O connectors - INPUT: XLR-3-31 x1 , INPUT2: Phone x2, INPUT3: RCA PIN x 2, THRU: XLR3-32 x 1 (Parallel with INPUT 1), LINK OUT: XLR x 1
- Processors - D-CONTOUR :FOH / MAIN, MONITOR, OFF
- Power requirements - 100V - 240V, 50Hz/60Hz
- Power consumption - 90W
- Flying and mounting hardware - Top x2, Rear x1 (Fits for M8 x 15mm eyebolts)
- Pole socket - 35mm with 2-way features (0 or 7 degrees)
- Dimensions W - 280mm (11")
- Dimensions H - 458mm (18")
- Dimensions D - 280mm (11")
- Net weight - 13.5kg (29.8lbs)
- Accessories - UB-DXR8
- Others - Material: ABS (Matte Finish, Black)