Yamaha HS8 8" Powered Studio Monitor, Black Cabinet
Yamaha HS8 8" Powered Studio Monitor, Black Cabinet, High Power Big Sounding Studio Speaker
Yamaha HS8 Powered Studio Monitor has newly developed transducers that achieve outstanding smooth response over a wide range of bandwidth. These Yamaha HS8 transducers utilize an advanced magnetic field design that regulates the flow of magnetic response to provide seamless, natural sonic transitions. Each component’s materials and design were carefully re-examined, then optimized, to drastically improve the accuracy of signal reproduction throughout the audio spectrum.
The Yamaha HS8 speaker employs an amplifier unit perfectly matched to the transducers utilized. Yamaha HS8 also has a featuring a bi-amp design with a separate dedicated amp for both the woofer and the tweeter, Yamaha HS8 amplifier unit ensures consistently delivers high-resolution sound with an exceptionally flat response across the sound spectrum.
Also one of the best things in Yamaha HS8 is the cabinet that is specially designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and increase the accuracy of sound reproduction to their extreme limit. The enclosures of Yamaha HS8 are constructed from a very dense resilient MDF with a damped acoustic response that is perfectly suited for reference monitors. Also, Yamaha HS8 engineers employed a traditional three-way mitered-joint technique. Common to architectural design this construction firmly anchors the corners of the enclosure to dramatically durability and eliminate unwanted resonance that can influence overall sound.
Yamaha HS8 Black Product Highlights
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 8" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 38Hz - 30kHz frequency response
- 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 120W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK
Ever since the 1970's the iconic white woofer and signature sound of Yamaha's nearfield reference monitors have become a genuine industry standard for a reason - their accuracy. Unlike studio monitors with added bass or treble frequencies which may sound more flattering at first, HS Series speakers were designed to give you the most honest, precise reference possible, providing an ideal sonic platform to build on throughout the mixing process. By combining acquired knowledge and expertise with state-of-the-art sound technologies, Yamaha's speaker engineering team have examined, then optimized, every aspect that has contributed to making these monitors the most trusted in the business. The second generation HS Series also adds a new 6.5" model to the lineup, bringing its exceptional accuracy to an even greater variety of recording environments.
- Speaker type - 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency range (-10dB) - 38Hz - 30kHz
- Components LF - 8" cone
- Components HF - 1" dome
- Crossover - 2kHz
- Output power - 120W (LF:75W, HF:45W)
- I/O connectors - XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Power consumption - 60W
- Shape - Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material - MDF
- Dimensions W - 250mm (9.8")
- Dimensions H - 390mm (15.4")
- Dimensions D -334mm (13.1")
- Net weight - 10.2kg (22.5 lbs.)
- Others - LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)