Yamaha IF2205 Unpowered Dual 5 Inch Speaker
Yamaha IF2205 Unpowered Dual 5 Inch Speaker -Great for Fills and Under Balcony
One of the Yamaha Installation Series Loudspeaker is the Yamaha IF2205 Dual 5 Inch Speaker that provide a wide range of models with seamlessly integrated hardware to meet and satisfy the expectations of end-users and contractors for audio quality, ease of installation, and system design. One of the feature of Yamaha IF2205 Dual 5 Inch Speaker is a phase differential of less than 90 at 2 kHz it decreasing the reduction of sound level and unwanted coloration in the “overlapped” area when combining/arraying speakers. The overall effect on frequency response is held to a minimum, ensuring a consistent family sound of speakers. The Yamaha IF2205 Dual 5 Inch Speaker is one of the favorite discerning engineers and contractors, these Yamaha IF2205 Dual 5 Inch Speakers also has a feature of Uni-Phase design and matching sound – even between different models – for super easy system setup and tuning.
Yamaha IF2205 Product Highlights
- 90º x 60º dispersion pattern.
- Horn can be rotated 90-degrees, allowing vertical or horizontal mounting.
- 1" high-frequency compression driver with 1" exit.
- Six 8mm-screw (M8) and two 6mm-screw (M6) suspension points provided for flexible rigging.
- Durable black or white finish (can be painted to match any interior).
- Matching U-bracket available as an option.
- Barrier strip connectors
The Quest for the Best in Pro Sound
Technological innovation occurs at a breathtaking pace in the world of professional audio, except in one vital but often-overlooked area. In spite of all the innovation, the fact remains that speaker systems are still the most critical, variable, and problematic link in the audio chain. Speakers interact directly with their environment and other components in the system, making it essential to both use speakers that are properly designed for their application and to set them up so that they and the room function as a well-balanced whole. The second part of the above equation is the realm of the sound contractor and engineer, but the first is the responsibility of the manufacturer, and that's where Yamaha's dedication to delivering the best can mean the difference between average and superlative sonic performance.
Yamaha realized more than 40 years ago that simply building systems around speaker units bought from other manufacturers would not do, initiating a long and arduous but fruitful quest for ideal speaker performance based on original technology. Along the way innovative Yamaha speaker technology has resulted in a number of breakthrough products that established new performance standards in a number of critical fields.
The goal is simple: to provide sound reproduction that is totally faithful to the source. But as anyone involved in speaker design and manufacture will attest, achieving that simple goal is extremely difficult, and no speaker on earth can claim absolute perfection in this regard. The good news is that now we've come closer than ever to achieving that elusive goal.
Yamaha's new Installation Series Speakers address a number of important issues that give them unprecedented performance and handling characteristics for live sound applications, including permanent installations. In particular, phase characteristics have been kept smooth and consistent throughout the entire series, so you can mix and match speakers to suit any system and venue without ending up with hot and dead spots due to phase interference. And of course sonic quality is superb throughout the entire reproduction range so the full impact of the source material reaches the audience undiluted.
This approach to design is evident in every Yamaha Commercial Audio product. The proof is in the enormous success of our groundbreaking PM1D and PM5D digital consoles, digital signal processing products, and industry-standard analog live consoles and related gear. Yamaha is simply dedicated to delivering the best sonic performance available anywhere, at any price, from system input to output. Our new Installation Series breaks new ground once again with performance and convenience that can take the sound at any venue to a higher level.
- Frequency Response - 85 Hz-18 kHz
- Frequency Range - 65 Hz-19 kHz
- Nominal Coverage - 90° x 60°
- Power Rating - 100 W (EIA)
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Sensitivity - (1 W @ 1 m): 91 dB SPL
- Calculated Peak SPL - 115 dB
- Calculated Continuous SPL - 109 dB
- LF Component: 2x 5" Woofer, 1" Voice Coil
- HF Component: Rotatable Constant Directivity Horn, 1" exit, 1" Voice Coil Compression Driver
- Dimensions - 5.8" H x 18" W x8.7" D
- Weight - 17 lbs
- Shape - Rectangular
- Material - 1/2inch (12mm), 9-ply Finland Birch
- Finish - Textured Black
- Grill - 14 gauge powder coated perforated steel backed with acoustically transparent reticulated foam
- Connectors - Barrier Strip
- Suspension Points - 6x M8, 2x M6
- U-Bracket - UB2205(W)