Yamaha XMV8280-D 70 Volt Dante Enabled Commercial Multi Channel Power Amplififier 8 x 280 watts
Yamaha XMV8280-D 70 Volt Dante Enabled Commercial Multi Channel Power Amplifier 8 x 280 watts
The Yamaha XMV8280-D is a Multi-channel Power Amplifier that has a unique features of eight channels that can operate in both high-impedance (70V/100V line) or low-impedance (4Ω/8Ω) modes at the same instant, excluding the need for additional equipment, as well as streamlining the installation process. Yamaha Dante amplifier XMV8280-D also enables both 70V and 100V operation for every pair of channels by simply selecting the preferred mode using the dip switches on the rear panel. The newly-developed “Double Power mode” doubles the amplifier output of each channel when low-impedance connections are used.
The Yamaha Dante amplifier XMV8280-D features Dante technology as a protocol, the function is to transmit audio signals. Dante is a network protocol developed by Audinate. It is designed to deliver multi-channel audio signals at various sampling and bit rates, as well as device control signals over a Giga-bit Ethernet (GbE) network. Dante also offers the following benefits:
- It transmits up to 512 in/512 out, for a total 1024 channels (theoretically) of audio over a GbE network.
- Dante-enabled devices will automatically configure their network interfaces and find each other on the network. You can label Dante devices and their audio channels with names that make sense to you.
- Dante uses high accuracy network synchronization standards to achieve sample-accurate playback with extremely low latency and jitter.
- Dante supports redundant connections via primary and secondary circuits to defend against unforeseen difficulties.
- Connecting a Dante-enabled device to a computer over Ethernet enables you to directly input or output audio signals without using any audio interface devices.
Yamaha XMV8280-D Featured Highlights
- Eight-channel power amp that can operate in both high-impedance (70V/100V line) or low-impedance (4Ω/8Ω) modes simultaneously.
- 70V or 100V mode can be assigned to every pair of channels without affecting the number of available output channels.
- The newly developed Double Power Mode function effectively doubles the output power of selected channels.
- Equipped with Audinate’s digital audio network Dante for simple and fast system configuration.
- Easy setting such as the mute on/off or attenuator changes with MTX Editor when used in system with MTX Series.
- An innovative, new, patent pending circuit improves the already highly efficient Class D circuit topology, bringing the efficiency level of the amplifier's output stage up to over 90%.
- Feature a Power Factor Correction equipped switching power supply, ensuring harmonic control and decreasing the amount of current draw while maintaining the same output power.
- Powerful, intelligent protection features for more reliable operation
A comprehensive line-up to power your sound solutionXMV Series multi-channel power amplifiers combine Class-D efficiency with features designed specifically to benefit commercial installation sound systems. The Series is comprised of 8 different models with varying output power capabilities and flexible in/out connectivity to accommodate a wide range of installation environments.
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 4Ω) - 280W x 8
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 8Ω) - 280W x 8
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 4Ω / Double Power Mode) - 560W x 4
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 8Ω / Double Power Mode) - 560W x 4
- High impedance: 100V line - 250W x 8 / 40 Ω
- High impedance: 70V line - 250W x 8 / 40 Ω
- RL=8Ω - 31.7dB
- RL=8Ω / Double Power Mode - 34.7dB
- 100V - 38.2dB
- 70V - 35.2dB
- Power consumption - 1/8 power (4 Ω pink noise):450W, Idle (4 Ω):73W, Standby:23W
- Total harmonic distortion - ≤ 0.2% (1kHz, half power)
- Frequency response - 0dB, ±1.0dB (RL=8Ω, 100V/70V, Po=1W, 20Hz - 20kHz)
- S/N ratio - ≥ 100dB(A-weighted)
- Crosstalk - ≤ -60dB
- Input sensitivity - +4dBu
- Input impedance - 20kΩ (balanced), 10k Ω (unbalanced)
- Analog I/O - Input: Euroblock x 2 (6P, balanced)
- Digital I/O - RJ45 x 2 (Dante PRIMARY / SECONDARY)
- Speaker Output - Barrier strip x 8 pairs
- Control ports - Remote, Fault Output : Euroblock (3P) x 1
- Network - Shared with Dante ports
- Others - AC Inlet x 1
- Input Level - +24dBu (Maximum)
- Load protection - POWER switch on/off: Output mute, DC-fault: Power supply shuts down, Clip limiting
- Amplifier protection - Thermal: Output mute (heatsink temp ≥90°C) (Restored automatically), Overcurrent: Output mute (Restored automatically), Low load impedance: Output mute (Restored automatically)
- Power supply protection - Thermal: Amplifier shuts down automatically (heatsink temp ≥100°C) , Integrated power: Gain reduction (Restored automatically)
- Cooling - 3-Speed fan x 2, front-to-back airflow
- Power requirements - 100V, 120V, 230V-240V; 50Hz/60Hz
- Dimensions W - 480mm (18.9")
- Dimensions H - 88mm (3.5")
- Dimensions D - 422mm (16.6")
- Net weight - 10.1kg (22.3lbs)