Shure BLX14R/B98 - Instrument Wireless System with (1) BLX4R Wireless Receiver, (1) BLX1 Bodypack Transmitter, and (1) WB98H/C Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone
nser Instrument Microphone
The Shure BLX14R/B98 brings you the brass, woodwind, and percussion players an affordable wireless instrument microphone system with high-quality sound, easy-setup, intuitive operation, and dependable performance right out of the box. The compact and lightweight BLX4R single-channel receiver with LCD display adjustable output level, and removable antennas for rackmounting the unit are included in the BLX14R/B98 that is perfect for the sound-reinforcement applications in small venues, wedding halls, and worship-houses.
The BLX14R/B98 also includes a bodypack transmitter and a WB98H/C cardioid gooseneck mic with an integrated clip ready to attach to your instrument. The system features one-touch QuickScan frequency selection to quickly locate a clean frequency in case of interference. It provides up to 14 hours of continuous use with two AA batteries, at a range up to 300'. Up to 12 mic channels can operate simultaneously in each frequency band.
Clip-On Instrument Mic for Bright & Detailed Sound
The WB98H/C miniature condenser microphone clamps onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. It features a cardioid polar pattern that helps reject unwanted noise in loud environments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allow the microphone to be easily positioned and secured, and an isolation shockmount reduces the transmission of instrument key noise and other mechanical sounds.
Lightweight Bodypack Transmitter
The durable BLX1 bodypack transmitter offers a lightweight, ergonomic design that is comfortable for the performer to wear. Group and channel selection buttons allow for quick and simple frequency matching with the receiver. Other features include an easily accessible on/off switch, adjustable gain control, and a TA4M 4-pin input jack.
Easy-to-Use Rackmount Receiver for Quality Audio
The BLX4R receiver employs a microprocessor-controlled antenna diversity system to improve the quality and reliability of your wireless audio. The receiver can be rackmounted with the included hardware, allowing you to position the two removable antennas on the front of the rack for optimal signal reception.
The LCD display shows group and channel settings, and allows you to meter audio level and signal strength. An LED indicator even lets you keep an eye on the transmitter's remaining battery life. The unit offers 1/4" and XLR connectors with adjustable output level for flexible connectivity to PA systems and mixing boards.
A Versatile System to Meet Your Needs
Shure offers a variety of headset, instrument, and handheld microphone options to adapt your BLX system as your needs evolve.
- The discrete WL185 lavalier mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The SM35 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance.
- The WA302 guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass.
- The BLX2 handheld transmitter is available with three different mic capsules for presenters who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone.
- Wireless Transmission: Analog UHF
Included Transmitters: 1 x Bodypack
1 x Handheld
- Diversity: Antenna Diversity
- RF Frequency Band: J10: 542 to 572 MHz
- RF Bandwidth: 24 MHz
- Max Operating Range: 300' / 91.4 m (Line of Sight)
- Max Systems per Setup: 12
- Dynamic Range:>100 dBA
- Form Factor: Rackmount
- Mounting Options: Rackmount (with Included Hardware)
- Rackmount Size: 1 RU (1/2 Rack)
- Antenna: 2 x 1/4 Wave External, Detachable (Rear-Mount)
- Number of Audio Channels: 1
Audio I/O: 1 x XLR 3-Pin Male Output
1 x 1/4" TRS Female Output
Audio Output Level: XLR Output:
-20.5 dBV (Mic Level)
-13 dBV (Instrument Level)
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz (Dependent on Mic)
Impedance: XLR Outputs:
- Approximate RF Sensitivity: -105 dBm
- Adjacent Channel Isolation: >50 dB
- Power Requirements: AC/DC Power Adapter
- AC/DC Power Adapter: 12 to 15 VDC at 260 mA, Center-Positive (Included)
Display & Indicators: 1 x Back-Lit LCD (AF Level, Channel, Group, Metering, RF Level)
1 x LED (Transmitter Battery Status)
- Housing: Steel
- Operating Temperature: : 0 to 135°F / -17 to 57°C
- Dimensions: 7.8 x 2.0 x 6.4" / 198.0 x 50.0 x 163.0 mm (without Mounting Hardware, Antennas)
- Weight: 35.2 oz / 998.0 g
- Form Factor : Bodypack
- RF Output Power: 10 mW
- Audio I/O : 1 x TA4/Mini XLR 4-Pin Male Input (Lockable)
- Muting: Off/On Switch
- Gain Range : -16 to +10 dB
- Sync Method : Manual
- Antenna : 1 x Flexible Whip, Fixed (Beltpack)
- Power Requirements : Battery
- Battery Type : 2 x AA (Included)
- Approx. Battery Life: 14 Hours (Alkaline)
Display & Indicators: 1 x Multi-Segment LED (Channel, Group)
1 x LED (Battery Status, Power)
- Housing: ABS
- Dimensions : 2.5 x 4.3 x 0.8" / 64.0 x 110.0 x 21.0 mm
- Weight : 2.6 oz / 75.0 g (without Batteries)
- Form Factor: Gooseneck
- Sound Field: Mono
- Transducer: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- SNR: 60 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level: 34 dB
- Maximum SPL: 107 dB SPL.
- Sensitivity: -41 dBV/Pa
- Dynamic Range : 73 dB
- Output Connectors: 1 x TA4/Mini XLR 4-Pin Female (Lockable)
- Cable Length: 4' / 1.22 m
- Operating Voltage: 1 to 5 V
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 135°F / -17 to 57°C
- Weight: 0.70 oz / 19.76 g
- Form Factor: 6.95 lb
- Box Dimensions (LxWxH): 18.3 x 14.7 x 4.2"