Shure QLXD14/84 Wireless WL184 Lavalier Microphone System
To capture audio, the QLXD14/84 Lavalier Wireless Microphone Systems could be a great choice to get the job done. The QLXD14/84 can be used for mid-size events & Installations in hotels, government offices, schools, businesses, worship houses, live performances, and more. It is featuring 24-bit digital audio, network control & AES-256 encryption. The QLX-D wireless system is built with switching diversity and automatic channel scan and has IR sync capabilities to make finding an open frequency quick. Featuring a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz, it offers more than 60 available channels per frequency band. The receiver and beltpack also feature a backlit LCD display to allow for navigation through the menus and controls. With a clearly defined performance, the QLX-D wireless delivers clean audio and provides professional features for demanding live sound events and installations. The QLXD14/84 system includes a QLXD4 receiver, one QLXD1 transmitter with a WL184 supercardioid microphone, a PS23 power supply, two 1/2 wave antennas, two 2' BNC cables with bulkhead adapters, a zipper bag, two AA Alkaline batteries, and rackmount hardware.
MAIN UNIQUE FEATURES
- For Presenters and Broadcasters
- WL184 Supercardioid Lavalier Mic
- Rugged Bodypack Transmitter
- Switching-Diversity Rackmount Receiver
- 2560 Auto-Scan Frequencies
- Selectable 1/10mW RF Power
- High-Contrast LCD Display
- Ethernet Port for WWB Control Software
- 9-Hr AA Batteries
- Expandable to 60 Mic Channels/330' Range
Rugged Bodypack Transmitter with Lav Mic for Hands-Free Presentations
- The WL184 condenser lavalier mic features a supercardioid polar pattern that greatly minimizes background noise and feedback.
- The lavalier mic plugs into the locking TA4M connection on the compact QLXD1 bodypack transmitter. The adjustable input sensitivity on the transmitter accommodates a wide variety of speaking styles and mic levels and even instrument-level audio.
- The rugged, all-metal transmitter features a backlit LCD that displays essential information and provides fast menu access. It can be locked out to prevent accidental changes during a performance. The transmitter syncs to the receiver via infrared with a quick press on the Sync button.
Robust Performance with Digital Switching Diversity Reception
- The system operates in the G50: 470 to 534 MHz UHF band with a 64 MHz tuning range and 2560 selectable frequencies.
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur.
- Two detachable 1/2 wave dipole antennas are included.
- 256-bit AES encryption offers unbreachable privacy by using a unique, randomized encryption key generated every time encryption is enabled.
- Low latency makes the system ideal for meetings that require live sound reinforcement.
Intelligent Hardware Simplifies Setup, Monitoring, and Control
- The receiver’s scanning function automatically finds, prioritizes, and deploys the cleanest frequencies to transmitters via IR sync.
- The receiver offers up to 60 dB of adjustable gain with an internal limiter that automatically engages to prevent digital clipping of your audio.
- Intuitive front-panel controls with audio and RF LED meters as well as a peak indicator, allows for quick visual checks.
- Ethernet networking enables real-time, precision monitoring and control of your system as well as automatic frequency coordination across multiple receivers, using Wireless Workbench software (WWB) for Mac/Windows.
- The system is compatible with external controllers such as AMX and Creston.
- Remote Control: Make adjustments from anywhere in the venue from your iPad/iPhone via the ShurePlus Channels Mobile App for iOS devices.
Smart Power Management Options
- Smart Power Management on Transmitter: The SB900A lithium-ion intelligent rechargeable battery with an SBC charger (both available separately) provides extended transmitter battery life over alkaline batteries.
- The SB900A’s remaining battery life can be metered in hours and minutes from the receiver’s front panel.
Enhance the Reliability of Your System
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805 passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.
A Variety of Options to Meet Your Needs
Shure offers numerous lavalier, headset, and handheld microphone options to adapt your QLX-D system as your needs evolve.
- The WL183 omnidirectional lavalier mic offers consistent pick-up even when the talent turns away from the mic.
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The SM35 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance.
- The QLXD2 handheld transmitter is available with several mic capsules choices for presenters who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone.
|Wireless Transmission||Digital UHF|
|Number of RF Channels||2560|
|Included Transmitters||1 x Bodypack|
|RF Frequency Band||G50:
470 to 534 MHz
|RF Bandwidth||64 MHz|
|Frequency Step Size||25 kHz|
|Max Operating Range||330' / 100.6 m|
|Max Systems per Setup||60|
|Sample Rate/Resolution||48 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Dynamic Range||120 dB|
|Mounting Options||Rackmount (with Included Hardware)|
|Rackmount Size||1 RU (1/2 Rack)|
|Antenna||2 x 1/2 Wave External, Detachable (Rear-Mount)|
|Number of Audio Channels||1|
|Audio I/O||1 x XLR 3-Pin Male Balanced Output
1 x 1/4" TRS Female Balanced Output
|Gain Range||-18 to +42 dB (1 dB Steps)|
|Audio Output Level||XLR Output:
+18 dBV (Line Level)
-12 dBV (Mic Level)
+12 dBV (Instrument Level)
|Phantom Power Protection||On 1/4", XLR Output|
|Network I/O||1 x RJ45 (10/100 Mb/s)|
|Network Protocols||DHCP, Manual IP|
100 Ohms (Balanced)
100 Ohms (Balanced)
50 Ohms (Unbalanced)
|Adjacent Channel Isolation||>70 dB|
|Spurious||Rejection: >80 dB|
|Power Requirements||AC/DC Power Adapter|
|AC/DC Power Adapter||12 VDC at 0.4 A, Center-Positive (Included)|
|AC Input Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz at 150 mA|
|Display & Indicators||1 x Backlit LCD (AF Level, Channel, Group, Menu Navigation, Metering, RF Level, Transmitter Battery Status)
1 x LED (Sync)
1 x LED (Peak)
|Operating Temperature||0 to 122°F / -18 to 50°C|
|Dimensions||7.8 x 1.6 x 5.9" / 197 x 41 x 151 mm (without Antennas)|
|Weight||1.7 lb / 777 g (without Antenna)|
|RF Output Power||1 / 10 mW|
|Audio I/O||1 x TA4/Mini XLR 4-Pin Male Unbalanced Input (Lockable)|
|Audio Input Level||8.5 dBV / 7.5 Vpp|
|Gain Range||0 to 21 dB (3 dB Steps)|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Antenna||1 x 1/4 Wave|
|Battery Type||2 x AA (Included)
1 x Shure SB900A (Not Included, Replaceable)
|Approx. Battery Life||9 hours (Alkaline)|
|Display & Indicators||1 x Backlit LCD (Channel, Group, RF Output Power)|
|Dimensions||2.6 x 3.4 x 0.9" / 65 x 86 x 23 mm|
|Weight||4.9 oz / 138 g (without Batteries)|
|Frequency Range||50 Hz to 17 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||129.5 dB SPL|
|Dynamic Range||102.5 dB|
|Output Connectors||1 x TA4/Mini XLR 4-Pin Female Unbalanced (Lockable)|
|Cable Length||3.94' / 1.2 m|
|Operating Voltage||1.5 to 10 V|