Universal Audio OX OX-Amp Top Box
Vendor: Universal Audio
Universal Audio OX OX-Amp Top Box
Get Legendary Studio Tones from your Tube Amp — Anywhere, at Any Volume.
The Universal Audio OX is a guitar recording system and a premium reactive load box, giving the user a perfectly studio-miked amp sounds even using your favorite tube amp. Universal Audio OX is giving the users the capability to play and record your amp in its sweet spots - from edge-of-breakup and huge clean tones to fully cranked — at totally any level of volume, and with room, mic, and speaker cabinet emulations at just the turn of a knob.
The Universal Audio OX comes with the Universal Audio’s breakthrough Dynamic Speaker Modeling, and it is the first system to accurately emulate cone cry, breakup, and speaker drive - which makes it as the world's finest speaker attenuator and guitar amp recording solution.
The Universal Audio OX is giving the users the capability to:
- Play and record your tube amp in its tonal sweet spot — anywhere, at any volume, with full dynamics
- Audition, tweak, and save more than 100 jaw-dropping custom Rigs from compatible iPad, or Mac/Windows computers
- Get stunning mic and guitar cabinet combinations at the turn of a RIG knob — no miking required
- Get authentic “edge of destruction” sounds, complete with UA Dynamic Room Modeling, speaker breakup, and cone cry
The World’s Best Reactive Load Box
Universal Audio’s dream team of engineers, with decades of analog hardware engineering expertise, set out to design a reactive load box that is capable of retaining the dynamics, tone, and feel of your tube amp - the amount of it being attenuated doesn't matter. The goal was for the tube amp to "recognize" the Ox as an actual speaker - without losing a drop of tone or playing dynamics because of its variable response and impedance.
A Complete Guitar Recording System
OX’s front-panel, six-position RIG control allows you to quickly choose from complete setups — including emulated speaker cabinets, close mics, ambient room mics, and up to four simultaneous studio effects. OX is also the only guitar recording system to offer a complete selection of expertly placed room mics, giving you the authentic experience of pushing air while recording your cranked amp in a world-class tracking room.
Dynamic Speaker Modeling
UA’s groundbreaking Dynamic Speaker Modeling faithfully emulates speaker breakup, drive, and cone cry — an essential ingredient to authentic tube amp tones. Using the Speaker Breakup knob in the OX app, you can control the harmonics and sonic complexity that occurs only at certain frequencies and volume levels on various speakers — far beyond a static Impulse Response system — giving you the same sonic phenomenon that occurs with a real speaker cabinet.
A Beautiful Software App
Most guitar products do digital awkwardly. They’re ugly and hard to understand. The OX software app, on the other hand, offers slick, intuitive control over all of OX’s RIG settings via Wi-Fi — letting you tweak, store and recall hundreds of presets from your iPad, Mac, or Windows 10 computer. You can then save your six favorite tones onto OX’s front-panel RIG knob for instant recall in the studio or at a gig.
All The Right Connections
Not only does OX Amp Top Box feature a front-panel headphone jack for silent practice with your cranked tube amp, it also sports a bevy of connections for all kinds of recording and live workflows. Stereo S/PDIF digital outputs via RCA and optical TOSLINK, as well as balanced TRS stereo line outputs with front panel level control, give you the necessary connections for studio monitors, DAW, or live mixing console inputs.
- Premium, no-compromise analog reactive load box and guitar recording system for tube guitar amps
- Instant album-quality mic and speaker cabinet tones via front-panel RIG control
- Get record-ready sounds quickly with expertly-placed virtual mics and cabs — no amp miking required
- Five finely-tuned guitar amp attenuation levels, from completely silent to whisper quiet to full band volume
- UA Dynamic Speaker Modeling emulates speaker drive, breakup and cone cry
- World-class Universal Audio EQ, compression, delay, and reverb effects built-in
- Selectable 4, 8, and 16-ohm operation
- Front-panel Headphone out for silent practice with cranked tones
- Balanced TRS line outs and S/PDIF digital outs for stereo recording
- Pair with the OX mobile or desktop app over Wi-Fi for editing and saving RIG presets
OX App Requirements
- OXAmp Top Box
- Wi-Fi network with internet connection to register (once only)
- (iPad) iOS 11
- (Mac) macOS High Sierra
- (Win) Windows 10 64-Bit Edition
Speaker volume knob
Line out knob
Impedance knob (rear panel)
|Impedance||Selectable between 4, 8, and 16 Ohms|
|Digital I/O||1 x USB type-B port
2 x USB type-A ports
1 x S/PDIF output (coaxial) 1 x S/PDIF output (optical)
|Analog I/O||1 x 1/4" Amplifier input
1 x 1/4" Footswitch input
1 x 1/4" Speaker output
2 x 1/4" Line/monitor outputs
1 x 1/4" Headphone output