Yamaha IF2208 Unpowered Dual 8 Inch 2 Way Speaker
Yamaha IF2208 Unpowered Dual 8 Inch 2 Way Speaker - Great for fills and under balcony
One of the Yamaha’s Installation Series Speakers is the Yamaha IF2208 that address a number of important issues that give them a great performance and handling characteristics for live sound applications, including permanent installations. In a certain, phase characteristics have been kept and consistent throughout the entire series, so you can mix and match speakers to suit any system and venue without ending up with hot and dead spots due to phase interference. Yamaha IF2208 has a sonic quality that is superb throughout the entire reproduction range so the full impact of the source material reaches the audience absoulutely clear. The Yamaha IF2208 is a highly versatile and highly compact 2-way speaker system that is best for small to medium applications. Yamaha IF2208 is one of the favorites with contractors and engineers. This Yamaha IF2208 speakers has a unique Uni-Phase design and matching sound even between different models for easy system tuning and setup.
Yamaha IF2208 Product Highlights
- 90º x 60º dispersion pattern.
- Multi-angle cabinet design enables floor monitor applications.
- Horn can be rotated 90-degrees, allowing vertical or horizontal mounting.
- 1.75" high-frequency compression driver with 1" exit.
- Eleven 10mm-screw (M10) and six 8mm-screw (M8) suspension points provided for flexible rigging.
- Durable black or white finish (can be painted to match any interior).
- Optional matching U-bracket available.
- Parallel-wired two Neutrik NL4 and barrier strip connectors.
The Quest for the Best in Pro Sound
Technological innovation occurs at a breathtaking pace in the world of professional audio, except in one vital but often-overlooked area. In spite of all the innovation, the fact remains that speaker systems are still the most critical, variable, and problematic link in the audio chain. Speakers interact directly with their environment and other components in the system, making it essential to both use speakers that are properly designed for their application and to set them up so that they and the room function as a well-balanced whole. The second part of the above equation is the realm of the sound contractor and engineer, but the first is the responsibility of the manufacturer, and that's where Yamaha's dedication to delivering the best can mean the difference between average and superlative sonic performance.
Yamaha realized more than 40 years ago that simply building systems around speaker units bought from other manufacturers would not do, initiating a long and arduous but fruitful quest for ideal speaker performance based on original technology. Along the way innovative Yamaha speaker technology has resulted in a number of breakthrough products that established new performance standards in a number of critical fields.
The goal is simple: to provide sound reproduction that is totally faithful to the source. But as anyone involved in speaker design and manufacture will attest, achieving that simple goal is extremely difficult, and no speaker on earth can claim absolute perfection in this regard. The good news is that now we've come closer than ever to achieving that elusive goal.
Yamaha's new Installation Series Speakers address a number of important issues that give them unprecedented performance and handling characteristics for live sound applications, including permanent installations. In particular, phase characteristics have been kept smooth and consistent throughout the entire series, so you can mix and match speakers to suit any system and venue without ending up with hot and dead spots due to phase interference. And of course sonic quality is superb throughout the entire reproduction range so the full impact of the source material reaches the audience undiluted.
This approach to design is evident in every Yamaha Commercial Audio product. The proof is in the enormous success of our groundbreaking PM1D and PM5D digital consoles, digital signal processing products, and industry-standard analog live consoles and related gear. Yamaha is simply dedicated to delivering the best sonic performance available anywhere, at any price, from system input to output. Our new Installation Series breaks new ground once again with performance and convenience that can take the sound at any venue to a higher level.
- Drive Mode - Passive
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Nominal Coverage (H x V, -6 dB) - 90° x 60°, can be rotated to 60° x 90°
- Frequency Range (-10 dB) - 55 Hz-19k Hz
- Power Rating - NOISE 200W; PGM 400W; MAX 800W
- Sensitivity (1 W@1 m) - 95dB SPL
- Calculated Peak - 124dB SPL
- Calculated Continuous - 118dB SPL
- Components (LF) - 2x 8" woofer 2" voice coil
- Components (HF) - Rotatable Constant Directivity Horn, 1" (25 mm) exit, 1.7" (44 mm) Voice Coil Compression Driver
- Shape - Multi-angle wedge
- Material - 5/8 inch (16 mm), 11-ply Finnish Birch
- Grill - 16 gauge powder coated perforated steel grilles, backed w/ acoustically transparent reticulated foam
- Connectors - 2 x Neutrik NL4 and barrier strip, wired in parallel
- Flying Hardware - 11x M10, 6x M8
- Pole Mounts - One
- Handle - One
- Dimensions (H x W x D) - 26.5" (673 mm) x 11.1" (283 mm) x 9.8" (250 mm)
- Weight - 42 lbs (19 kg )