QSC KLA12 500W x 500W, two-way, active, line-array loudspeaker; 12-inch woofer in black
QSC KLA12 500W x 500W, two-way, active, line-array loudspeaker; 12-inch woofer in black.
With this KLA Series it is bringing the line array product category into its new definition, as it comes as a powered and sophisticated line array system which can be use totally easy. KLA can be deployed, with its simple Click, Lift and Play approach, in a fraction of the time required by comparable line array products.
This active, fixed arcuate line array system is best use for a wide range of permanently and portable installed applications ranging from houses of worhip to live entertainment or other venues where a line array system is greatly needed.
KLA Power Module
The QSC KLA12 is crafted with a highly efficient 500 watt by 500 watt power amp KLA12 Power Module module. This efficient design is enabling up to five KLA models (any combination of QSC KLA12 and KLA181) to be driven off of a single 15 amp, 120 volt electrical circuit.
With KLA loudspeaker incorporated with QSC's DEEP™ DSP algorithm it can provide extended bass response by actively managing potentially damaging low-frequency transients - and GuardRail™ circuitry protection preventing the amplifier module from destructive and unnatural clipping.
The Auto Standby mode, an energy saving feature, automatically engages after five minutes of inactivity but upon resumption of audio signal, for immediate output the power module on the KLA will awaken instantly.
In an installed application and from a single remote pot wired to the on-board Phoenix-style connector, multiple KLA Series loudspeakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control. Additional power module characteristics on KLA include PowerCon™ In and Thru connectors, a balanced, line-level XLR input in parallel with an XLR "Thru" connector, LED indicators for Signal, Limit, Power and Standby status, and Attenuation Control.
Designed with both long-term and light weight durability which houses in a rugged ABS enclosure, the features a 12-inch low frequency transducer coupled with a 1.75-inch compression driver. Crafted to be used exclusively as a fixed arcuate line array, to allow 90° vertical coverage arrays to be configured using only five boxes (most other solutions require six) each QSC KLA12 is set at a 90° horizontal by 18° vertical splay angle.
To assemble and disassemble by the users in an instant the line array in a fraction of the time without the need for special tools or external hardware, it is designed with KLA's unique self-contained SOLO™ (Single-Operator Logistics) Rigging System.
It also allows the users to quickly tune the array to make frequency compensation adjustments based on the number of boxes, with The KLA12 Ar-Q™ (Arcuate Equalization) processing. The user can select the total number of boxes deployed, with just the click of a dial, deployed in the array resulting in an evenly accurate and balanced tonal curve. The first introduced with the WideLine™ Series, QSC's proprietary Intrinsic Correction™, actively adjusts amplitude, time and frequency response to achieve a maximally flat bandpass target.
Rigging & Deployment
For maximum deployment flexibility, KLA loudspeakers can be either ground deployed or flown. As a ground stack, up to two KLA12 enclosures can be mounted over the KLA181 or the KW181 subwoofer via a threaded pole socket, or without a sub using an appropriately rated loudspeaker stand.
KLA12 enclosures also feature the Tilt-Direct™ 35mm pole socket allowing the loudspeaker to be aimed downward 9° for the best audience coverage.
Arrays of up to 480 lbs (218 kg) (with a maximum five KLA12 and two KLA181 enclosures) can be flown via the included M10 fittings or the optional KLA AF12 array frame.
The QSC KLA12 comes in a black or white finish.
- 500 W x 500 W power module
- Rugged, ABS enclosure delivers light-weight durability
- SOLO™ Rigging System supports deployment without tools or external hardware
- Ar-Q™ Frequency Optimization quickly tunes the array with the click of a dial, adjusting for the appropriate number of boxes
- 10:1 design factor supports arrays of up to 480 lbs. (218 kg) 5 x KLA12 and 2 x KLA181
- 90° x 18° nominal coverage (requires only five boxes to configure a 90° x 90° array)
- High power, 12” low frequency driver provides extension down to 44Hz without subwoofers
- Extensive DSP further enhances and protects performance
- 1.75” diaphragm compression driver delivers clear and powerful high-frequency reproduction
- powerCON® Input and Thru connections
- Tilt-Direct™ pole mount assists directivity in single-unit applications
- Configuration: Multipurpose 2-way
- Transducers, High Frequency: 1.75” diaphragm compression driver
- Transducers, Low Frequency: 12” cone transducer
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 49 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 44 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage: 90° H x 18° V
- Maximum SPL (1 meter): 131 dB peak
- Power Output HF: 500 W Class D continuous
- Power Output LF: 500 W Class D continuous
- Input Impedance (ohms) XLR: 40k balanced / 20k unbalanced
- Controls: Power, Attenuation, LF Setting (External Sub/Normal/DEEP™), Array Size (1-5), Front LED (Pwr/Limit/Off)
- Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR line level input, Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote attenuation control, Locking powerCON power connector AC In, Locking powerCON® power connector AC Out
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption: 100 VAC, 2.3 A, 120 VAC, 2.01 A, 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: Impact resistant ABS
- Finish: Black or White paint
- Grille: Rugged Powder-Coated Steel Grille
- Dimensions (HWD): 15.0" x 23.4" x 16.6" (382mm x 594mm x 422mm)
- Weight (Net): 55 lbs (25 kg)