Yamaha PA2120 70 Volt Amplifier
Yamaha PA2120 70 Volt Amplifier
The Yamaha PA2120 compact power amplifier is Yamaha's latest addition to its Commercial Installations Solutions lineup. Yamaha PA2120 has a quick and easy setup and simple instinctive operation that bring your commercial space to life. The Yamaha PA2120 has a Lo-Z/Hi-Z switchable Class-D amplifier (Lo-Z: 120W x2 @4Ω, 100W x2ch @3Ω/8Ω, Hi-Z: 120W x2ch or 200W x1ch, 70V/100V) equipped with 1 stereo/2 mono line inputs; can be combined with the Yamaha MA2120 mixer-amplifier. The Yamaha PA2120 combines a familiar, modest construction with efficient, flexible performance. Yamaha PA2120 also offers mixing capability with source EQ (Bass/Treble), as well as a number of the same acclaimed Yamaha state-of-the-art DSP technologies featured in our professional audio gear. Whether providing background music for a cafe or restaurant, or powering a conference room, or any number of applications requiring a microphone, the Yamaha PA2120 provides you with a simple, yet powerful function to help shape your ideal commercial sound environment.
Yamaha DSP features for Enhanced Music and Microphone Operation
The versatile lineup of the MA/PA Series was developed to cover a diverse range of small to mid-sized installations— often needing only a single model to power the entire sound system. Features that contribute to high-quality music playback and microphone use include Feedback Suppressor which effectively eliminates unwanted feedback, Priority Ducker which smoothly adjusts the background program level when a microphone is used for announcements simultaneously, and Leveler, an intelligent algorithm that keeps overall volume constant regardless of changes in source level.
Design for Effortless Everday Use
The MA/PA Series packs Yamaha’s decades of commercial audio experience and know-how into compact, powerful, and reliable amplifiers protected by a rugged metal chassis. The MA/PA Series feature interfaces have been specifically designed for effortless operation. A layout that gives priority to the frequently used output volume knob while other controls are visually subdued, for example, significantly enhances control efficiency in normal day-to-day operation. What’s more, there is no need for computers or complex programming procedures for installation or operation. After a quick, easy setup procedure that requires no special knowledge or skill, the system is ready to deliver outstanding sound in a wide range of applications.
Supports Lo-Z and Hi-Z Speaker System
The MA/PA Series directly supports low impedance and high impedance speaker systems without the need for additional transformers or other hardware that can take up valuable installation space and increase costs. When driving a low-impedance system of 4Ω, the PA2120 amplifier delivers up to 120W to each of the two output channels. When driven at 3Ω/8Ω mode, this amplifier can deliver up to 100W per channel. With a high-impedance 70V or 100V line connection, a single channel can output up to 200W, which is ideal for powering mid-size installations. In addition, since the MA/PA Series can be used with all Yamaha commercial installation speakers, you have the choice and flexibility to design a sound system that meets your specific requirements. As indicated, for example, a single unit of PA2120 can support full-range speaker systems at high-impedance mode, as well as a subwoofer at low-impedance mode.
Safe and Efficient for any Environment
At the heart of the MA/PA Series is a high-efficiency Class-D amplifier that delivers sufficient power for small-scale applications while consuming a minimum of power during operation. Intelligent protection functions inherited from Yamaha’s flagship touring power amplifiers are included in the power supply and amplifier sections to prevent damage to the amplifier as well as the connected speaker system in the case of overload. For absolutely quiet operation as well as superior reliability, all MA/PA Series models feature thermal designs that achieve efficient cooling without the need for cooling fans. The PA2120 is certified by ENERGY STAR*, the internationally recognized standard of environmentally-friendly equipment and facilities. The PA2120 features an auto-standby function that greatly diminishes power consumption in applications where announcements or music playback are delivered intermittently. When audio signals are not detected for more than 25 minutes, the PA2120’s power automatically switches to standby mode and then back on again shortly after detecting any signal from the systems input devices. The energy-friendly MA/PA Series amplifiers are also certified as Yamaha Eco-Products.
* ENERGY STAR is a US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect the climate through superior energy efficiency.
**Yamaha Eco-Products are part of Yamaha’s voluntary initiative dedicated to environmentally-friendly product development.
A System that Satisfies and meet your needs
The MA/PA Series is capable of controlling input sources and volumes for two separate areas (source/volume zoning). For example, in an apparel store with the women’s section downstairs and the men’s section upstairs, or in a restaurant with dinner tables and a bar area, different background music and announcements can be delivered at different volumes to best complement the atmosphere of each environment. For a larger space, PA2120 can be added to the system, expanding service areas with volume zoning.
Flexible EQ Functions
Just like the MA2030, the PA2120 model also features EQ settings for VXS subwoofers, as well as HPF and selectable LPF settings.
Remote control for optional DCP series for digital control panel
The optional DCP control panel allows remote volume control, microphone ON/OFF switching, and triggering the built-in chime for announcements. * DCP4V4S, DCP1V4S, and DCP4S, up to two units in total, can be connected to MA2120 and PA2120.
A Smart Simple Solutions
With quick, easy setup and intuitive operation, the compact MA and PA series power amplifiers make it easier than ever to bring your commercial space to life. The MA2030a and PA2030a are ideal audio solutions for retail stores, eateries, classrooms, or public facilities like hospitals. The MA2120 and PA2120 meet the demands of a wide range of applications requiring higher power as well as more flexible DSP functionality and zone control. All models combine approachable, unobtrusive design with efficient, flexible performance. The MA2030a and MA2120 offer mixing capability with source EQ (Bass/Treble) control, as well as some of the same state-of-the-art DSP technologies that are acclaimed features of professional Yamaha audio gear. Whether providing background music for a café or restaurant or powering a conference room or other applications requiring microphone input, the MA/PA series amplifiers are simple yet powerful tools that can help establish an ideal commercial sound environment.
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 3Ω) - 100W x 2 (20ms Burst)
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 4Ω) - 120W x 2 (20ms Burst)
- 1kHz (THD+N=1%: 8Ω) - 100W x 2 (20ms Burst)
- High impedance: 100V line - 120W x 2 or 200W x 1
- High impedance: 70V line - 120W x 2 or 200W x 1
- Total harmonic distortion - ≤0.2% (Line into Speaker out, Half power @1kHz, 3Ω/4Ω/8Ω), ≤0.2% (Line into Speaker out, Half Power @1kHz, 70V/100V, 120W/200W)
- Frequency response - 0dB, -2.5dB, +1.0dB (Line in to THRU OUT, 20Hz to 20kHz), 0dB, -3.0dB, +1.0dB (Line in to Speaker out, 50Hz to 20kHz, 1W, 3Ω/4Ω/8Ω), 0dB, -3.0dB, +1.0dB (Line in to Speaker out, 90Hz to 20kHz, 1W, 70V/100V, 120W/200W)
- Line Input - Input A-B: MONO RCA pin x 2 (unbalanced) or 3.5mm Euro block (6-pin, balanced)
- Speaker Output - Barrier strip x 2 pairs
- Line Out - THRU-OUT: MONO RCA pin (unbalanced) x2
- Control ports - RJ-45 (for DCP4V4S, DCP1V4S, DCP4S), Remote (3.5mm Euro block 3-pin)
- Input Level - Line input (unbalanced): -10dBV (Sensitivity), -10dBV (Nominal), +10dBV (Max before clip) / Line input (balanced): +4dBu (Sensitivity), +4dBu (Nominal), +24dBu (Max before clip)
- Output Level - -10dBV (THRU OUT, Nominal)
- Processors - Speaker EQ (VXS: Full Range, VXC, VXS10S/ST), HPF (150Hz), LPF (150Hz, 200Hz)
- Load protection - Power switch on/off: Mute the output*, Output voltage protection: Compress the output*, DC-fault: Power supply shutdown (*Restored automatically)
- Amplifier protection - Thermal: Limit the output* → Mute* → Shutdown, Over current: Mute the output*, Integrated power limit: Compress the output* (*Restored automatically)
- Power supply protection - Thermal: Power supply shutdown, Overvoltage: Power supply shutdown, Over current: Limit the output* →Power supply shutdown (*Restored automatically)
- Amplifier class - Class D
- Cooling - Conventional cooling, bottom to up airflow
- Power requirements - 100V, 120V, 230V - 240V, 50Hz / 60Hz
- Power consumption - 60W (1/8 max power, 4Ω, AC100V, pink noise at all channels)
- Dimensions W - 480mm (18.9”) *1
- Dimensions H - 45mm (1.8”) *1
- Dimensions D - 379mm (14.9”) *1
- Net weight - 4.8kg (10.6lbs)
- Accessories - AC power cable, 3.5mm Euroblock plug (6-pin) x 1, Euroblock plug (3-pin) x 1, Owner's manual, Specification sheet
- Options - DCP4V4S, DCP1V4S, DCP4S (Digital Control Panel)
- Certificate - ENERGY STAR
- Others - Operating Temperature: 0°C to + 40°C, Storage Temperature: -20°C to + 60°C, Rack-mountable when ensuring sufficient ventilation above and below the unit